A seasonal cartoon from the great marketoonist Tom Fishburne to kick off the post with a smile and a reminder of some of the perils of seasonal promotions.
Use discounting wisely and strategically. It’s always better to add value in a promotion rather than simply cut price.
December is here, the Advent Season has arrived…
…and holiday marketing campaigns are in full swing.
Hopefully, you have any Christmas and New Year promotions in progress or nailed down and ready to go.
But if you need any last-minute ideas or further inspiration…
…here are a few previous posts that might prove helpful.
A popular post from a few years back and well worth a look is this guest feature from Troy White in…
1) First thing you need to do is make them an offer they can’t refuse
2) Use some interesting numbers in your bundle and promotions
3) Use some unusual cartoons and artwork for your holiday promotions
4) Make sure people know you have holiday bundles and specials available on your website
5) Product launched out? Well, chances are your clients aren’t
6) Offer existing customers a Platinum membership and upgrade … for free
7) Get promoting … NOW!
8) Don’t be timid about the language you use
Well worth reading the whole article.
…consider a Multi-Day Promotion
…”12 days of Christmas”…
…”8 Days Of Hanukah”
…”7 Days Of Kwanzaa”.
Make sure whatever you do is appropriate for your market and your audience.
A further idea…
…take a look at creating a “Christmas Catalogue” or “Christmas Gift Guide”.
This may not work for every business, but at this time of year gift buying is a real “problem” for many people.
So why not lend a hand with some helpful suggestions?
Department stores do this a lot and you’ll also see plenty of lists of gift suggestions in magazines and newspapers.
Every success with your holiday season marketing!
Finally, plenty of events, occasions and anniversaries to use as the basis for a promotion in…
Wishing you every success with your seasonal marketing and promotions!