An Important Message For Business Owners And Entrepreneurs…
“How A Skilled Direct Response Copywriter
Can Increase Your Sales And Profits”
Even If You’ve Never Used Direct Response, Read What This Copywriter Has Discovered From Dozens Of Campaigns And Tens of Thousands of Dollars of Real Life Education
My name is Kevin Francis and I help business owners and entrepreneurs make more money by helping them to get better results from their marketing and advertising.
I’m a specialist in direct response marketing and copywriting.
Here’s why Direct Response Marketing (and Copywriting) has increased the bottom line of my clients…
1. Direct Response Marketing is HIGHLY EFFECTIVE…when done correctly (more about that below). It’s been described as “Multiplied Salesmanship” which means the results you can achieve can be extraordinary
2. Direct Response Marketing is MEASURABLE. That means…
• You know exactly what return you’re making on every dollar you spend, so you can…
• Focus your time and resources on what’s working and…
• Avoid wasting money on what is not working
This precision takes most of the uncertainty out of marketing decisions. This will save you hours of time and enormous amounts of stress and anxiety
3. Because Direct Response Marketing is measurable, that means you can TEST alternatives and improve your results. This may seem a minor point but it’s the key to achieving amazing results. For example, changing a headline can often increase response 200-300%
4. Direct Response Marketing is FAST. With online marketing, money can start pouring into your account almost immediately (usually within hours and sometimes minutes). With more conventional offline Direct Response campaigns, results start coming in days
5. Direct Response Marketing is a Scientific Approach. It’s based on tested and proven principles. Guesswork is kept to a minimum which cuts the risk of making a costly mistake
Here Are A Few Of The Ways That Direct Response Marketing (And Copywriting) Has Increased The Bottom Line Of My Clients
Some of them may be useful to you…
6. Direct Response can be your “secret weapon” in new product launches or in re-launching an existing product. I’ve planned and implemented many product launches for clients and every time the campaign has produced both an initial surge in sales and a long term increase in business profits
7. A remarkably efficient way to reach your best prospects. Done properly, Direct Response Marketing cuts through the clutter and enables you to reach the people who are most likely to want what you have to offer
8. Direct Response is the best (and quickest) way to create a list of customers…and so put your business on a sound foundation. A customer list is a tangible asset for your business and makes it much more valuable if you ever want to sell the business
9. Direct Response multiplies the effectiveness of EVERY kind of media. Whether it’s television ads (and short infomercials can be a lot cheaper than you might think), radio slots, online video, press releases or traditional print ads, results are always improved when there is a compelling request for a direct response
10. Direct Response campaigns can be highly TARGETTED to a particular group of customers or a very specific LOCAL AREA (one of the little known uses of online advertising is the ability to zero in on specific areas)
Techniques And Strategies That WorkBest In Direct Response Marketing
11. Tried And Tested Principles Are Always The Starting Point…
Direct Response Marketing and Copywriting is a DISCIPLINE that has been developed and tested over decades and in every kind of market. Certain techniques and strategies are known to work consistently. So, there is no point in “reinventing the wheel” and it’s always best to start with a proven strategy. Having said that…
12. …But It Always Pays To Test
Direct Response is an evolving discipline. It’s based on timeless principles but every marketing challenge has its own unique characteristics. So it always pays to test different approaches to OPTIMISE results
13. How To Make Long Copy Succeed
Tests show long copy usually, but not always, pulls more orders than short copy in Direct Response marketing.
Specifics are the key ingredient in successful long copy. Glittering generalities turn potential customers off. Beware of long copy that is lazy or “cookie cutter”. (Note: This is one of the dangers of “swiping” or hiring a “cheap” copywriter from somewhere like “Elance”).
14. Customer Surveys And Feedback Are A Goldmine…
…both in discovering the marketing message that will produce the best results and in gathering testimonials. Every time a client has followed my advice and conducted a survey (and it’s particularly easy to do online these days) the feedback and quality of response has been amazing
15. Great copywriting is essential but…
…it must be applied in the context of a properly constructed campaign. The greatest copy in the world will not produce results unless…
• You have a good product that enough people actually want (please note, WANT not NEED. Many businesses have gone broke offering wonderful products that people may have needed but didn’t want and were not prepared to spend money on); AND
• Enough of the right people get to see the copy. If you don’t have a list of potential customers and you don’t have a way to get “traffic” (either through paid advertising or other methods), then don’t be surprised if results are poor
16. The “Close” is Crucial In Direct Response
One of the key aims of copywriting is to “Prevent Procrastination”. The potential customer who makes a mental note to “Do this later” usually never does.
One survey showed that less than a third of people who intended to respond later actually did so.
At “Maximum results Copywriting” I have a 4-point checklist to ensure my copy does all it can to get the reader to take action NOW before you lose their attention
17. New Technology And Techniques Are Great…
…but they are not a “Magic Wand” or a replacement for a soundly based marketing strategy. Online video is “hot” at the moment and yes, it can work well. But it works a lot better when put together following the principles of Direct Response Copywriting.
Avoid being distracted by the latest “fad” and focus on the tested principles that deliver success.
18. Separate The Wheat From The Chaff
List segmentation concentrates your efforts and your marketing dollars where they will do the most good. Not all customers (or prospects) are equal and technology makes it easier than ever to zero in on the people who will spend the most money with you
19. Pretesting Copy Can Reduce Costs And Improve Response Rates
One of the great things about the Internet is that it makes it easier (and cheaper) than ever before to run tests. Why guess when a simple Google Adwords test can deliver quality feedback almost instantly?
20. The Most Accountable Form Of Marketing And Advertising
Claude Hopkins titled his famous book “Scientific Advertising”. He emphasised that tracking (which they did in those days with the use of coupons) makes Direct Response the most accountable form of advertising. It allows you to measure precisely what every dollar invested returns in sales and profits.
Hopkins was not the only pioneer of Direct Response Marketing but he can lay claim to the idea of establishing it as a scientific discipline. And the principles he discovered and codified back in the early years of the last century are as relevant today as ever (as I discuss in my series “Scientific Advertising In The 21st Century”).
Your Opportunity And An Invitation…
I specialise in this demanding discipline and I’ve honed my skills over the years in many campaigns and by training with the best practitioners in Direct Response Marketing (conservatively, I’ve invested well over $50,000 in my marketing education).
I work with serious business people who are genuine about getting the best results from their marketing.
If you qualify and would like to discover more about how I can help you get the results you want, then simply complete the form below.
Please include some details about your project and the results you would like to achieve.
Thanks for dropping by and I look forward to hearing from you.
Direct Response Copywriter And Marketing Strategist